I Write, I Speak, I Engage passionately mainly with the disadvantaged, the hurt and the socially struggling one who is seeking true redirection and support to discover hidden potential and to recover from the ravages of life.
Iron sharpens iron. Great minds ignite one another for the greater good. I am happy to have you here.
I am Selasie Bulmuo – a Strategist For Insightful Living. I am absolutely thrilled to welcome you to my E- home full of lovely, deliciously ‘good for you’ inspired ideas, resources and opportunities to connect with others.
On this site you will find relevant information, uplifting writings and resources that are designed to captivate your senses and leverage your efforts towards becoming the best you.
Enjoy your visit here. Read! Challenge yourself! Think! Invest!
Also visit my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SelasieBulmuo This page is an E-Hub of wisdom, spirituality, posters, quotes, messages and social synergy aimed at providing the inspiration and support you need to steer your life back into the right track.
Selasie Joan Bulmuo – Who is she? What does she do?
• She is a Qualified Social Worker and Director of SJB Resource Limited, a Social Capital Builder focused on the provision of services to individuals and groups particularly families in crisis. SJB Resource Ltd (www.sjbresource.co.uk) is a Social Capital Builder.
Blog – http://www.socialjackpotbuddy.wordpress.com (social topical issues, articles and networking).
• An Author and writer, she writes across genres and styles mainly poetry, short stories, articles, reflections, wisdom quotes, plays and songs all aimed at reaching out to others where they are and accompanying them on the journey to where they are destined to be. She also writes fiction and non-fiction books cutting across both the mainstream and Christian domains. This blog http://www.selasiebulmuo.wordpress.com mainly features her Poems, Posters (Inspirational Snippets), Smart Talk and her Fictional Works including excerpts from her books both existing ones and soon to be released ones.
• She Co-Pastors Fountain Gate Chapel, Life Pastures, North London with her husband Reverend Grant Bulmuo and also with a team of able Pastors and Ministers. The congregation affectionately call her Lady Pastor Selasie. She is a dynamic preacher of the word of God and is known for her revelatory and wise teachings which challenges people to re-think, reconsider and recover from the adversities of life and move towards walking in the sure purposes of God for their lives. Visit her blog http://www.neitherdoicondemnyou.wordpress.com for christian articles, expositions, Q&A, etc
. She runs the ‘The Marriage Preparation In 3-Step Programme’- (MP3-STEP PROGRAMME) made up of 2 modules in each step run over a period of six months, once a month as a transitionary preparation programme from singleness to married life. It is open to singles, singles in relationships and is also a really good refresher for married couples. An E- Course is soon to be launched. Visit the Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/MarriagePreparationIn3StepsProgramme
. She heads the Women’s Ministry of her local church. The HAYIL Ladies Ministry, North London. Her vision is to encourage women to DARE to break all limitations and be who they were intended to be against all odds. There are regular Influence Meetings for women to network sharing their goals and ambitions and finding resources, help and advise as well as a market for their entrepreneurial endeavours. There are revival, prayer and ministration meetings where women are released and anointed to overcome. Practical Workshops focusing on Confidence building, leadership etc are also run frequently. Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Hayilladiesfgcnorthlondon
Selasie is a mother of two boys and a daughter.
• For further information on her books, writings, blog posts, Video and Audio messages, please visit http://www.selasiebulmuo.com
• For invitations to speaking engagements, conferences, workshops and other Bespoke events please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Version Bio – Selasie J Bulmuo
She Writes, She Speaks, She Engages passionately mainly with the disadvantaged, the hurt and the socially struggling one who is seeking true redirection and support to discover hidden potential and to recover from the ravages of life. She is:
• A Qualified Social Worker and the Director of SJB Resource Limited, a Social Capital Builder.
• A Mother, Wife & Pre – Maital Counsellor, Examplar to Women and Co – Pastor of Fountain Gate Chapel North London.
• The author of ‘Warm Honey Drizzle & Lemon – for my blocked up soul’ a collection of poems with accompanying graphics and short fictional stories that mimic real life triumphs and tragedies; experiences to which others can relate and see their own stories and lives through. A reaching out book soon to be published.
For further information on this and other upcoming books, blog posts, speaking engagements, workshops, conferences and other projects please visit http://www.selasiebulmuo.com
It is where I share my thoughts, not all of them, just some choicest ones packaged in shiny boxes and tied up with strings and bows just for you.
This is where I reflect on life and living and share my musings immaculately gleaned with you.
I pass life through my unique personal lenses and it comes out in a poem, a rhyme, a quote, a verse, a picture, a story, jumbled up sentences all uniquely designed by me.
In sharing these I share myself.
I hope you enjoy this grand table laid for you and please leave a thought, a note, a thank you, something of yourself, so the table is never empty and you stay connected.
That is the way it was meant to be.
I also blog at:
www.neitherdoicondemnyou.wordpress.com – Christian writings, stories and discussions
www.socialjackpotbuddy.wordpress.com – Social issues, discussions about social policy and occurences in the society and in the media.
So who am I ? (ABOUT Selasie Bulmuo)
Someone recently asked me three lovely questions. These are the answers straight from my heart. They tell a bit about me . So here goes……..
- What does identity mean to you?
Identity to me means understanding all the facets of my life and how they fit into the big picture so that I am able to accept who I truly am (both my past and present) and to use this as a stepping stone and something to work with on my journey to becoming all I am destined to be ( which because of my faith is totally linked to God‘s revelation to me of myself and of my future).
My identity is found and expressed in;
- Who I know I am (Not just according to me but also according to the word of God)
- The things I do – My life’s purpose, the reason I think I exist
- The things I refuse to do – My boundaries and principles and Values
- My commitment to what and who I am becoming.
(Notice, I didn’t include what I have, because that can be taken away and I still have to be me).
2. Why you do you write?
I found out at an early age that I loved solitude and my own company. When I am alone and undisturbed, inspired thoughts come to me, which often clarify something I have experienced or observed in my own life or in the lives of others. These often help me answer the ‘W’ questions – Why? What? Who? When? Where? When I was a child I did not know how to use this gift properly and will write long letters to my parents, friends and others expressing my disgust at something which they had done or said which I felt was wrong.
It was only later that I realised that my writing was a gift from God to be used specifically to question life and to provide answers or routes out of dysfunction. Many find ‘life’ difficult and confusing. Many write to educate others on different topics. Unlike them I do not consider myself an expert. I write first and foremost to give myself a chance to make sense of life. I write so that I can take a walk of reflection with someone else, so they know they are not alone in the way they feel, so my words can give expression to what they feel but cannot fully express or make sense of as yet. In coming to an understanding of the ‘whys’ they can perhaps begin to live life on an even keel with some strength and fortitude, finding and paving a way through the darkness that sometimes surrounds us all. I like to think that I am a voice in the gap between where we are now and where we would like to be.
I think I will have mental overload if I stoped writing. My brain and thinking processes will get blocked. Writing is almost an offloading process for me.
Writing comes easily to me. It is a great blessing.
3. What does it mean to be a woman?
Well, since I could very easily write volumes on this, to help me be brief, I will answer it in a poem.
Being Woman is versatility
Changing change itself
Being Woman is richness held in store
A bank that never runs out
Being Woman is beauty covering strength
Making the undo-able do-able
With grace and fortitude
Being woman is unveiling true greatness
Through sheer tenacity of spirit and grit
Without showing signs of breaking a sweat
Being woman is gentleness that remains true
And is not disfigured by pressure
Being woman is wisdom expressed
In more ways than the obvious
Being woman is elegance
Revealed through humility
Being woman is virtue
Having the ability to rise to every challenge
Being woman is Influence
Often without saying a word
A Woman is:
Softness, enfolding pain and healing it
Hardness, bringing change even without provision
Endurance, the expression of staying power
The kind only God can give
Woman is me
Whatever I need to be
To meet the needs in my world
Woman is embracing my uniqueness
As a treasure and a gift
That cannot be undone
The future awaits me
It is all mine
I am WOMAN !!!